As businesses re-open, there are multiple critical considerations for employers and managers. SAWF’s Lunch and Learn will cover this topic on Friday, May 15, 2020 from 12 pm to 1 pm central time. This virtual program is free to SAWF members and costs $25.00 for nonmembers. But you must register to attend.
Discussion will include:
- coordinating with your recovery team (ongoing responsibilities, even after re-opening)
- best practice procedures (e.g. PPE supplies; sanitizing the workplace; handling incoming deliveries of supplies, goods, etc; physical distancing guidelines; health screening of employees, visitors, customers, access controls)
- employee communication and engagement
- management/employee training on operating safely
- action plan if an employee, vendor, or customer becomes sick after re-opening
- potential challenges, including labor relations considerations
Presenter is Stephanie Prewitt, Executive Director and Co-Founder of Foundations Human Resources Consulting. Stephanie has spent the majority of her career partnered with Human Resources organizations to implement systems and processes that are not only legally sound, but also further the principles of lean business operations. She has vast experience in conducting investigations, drafting, and reviewing policies and handbooks, and developing and delivering extensive training programs.
Prior to joining Foundations, Ms. Prewitt spent nearly 20 years at Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc., where she served as Assistant General Counsel for Labor and Employment matters. Ms. Prewitt’s experience at Toyota also included legal oversight of numerous plant start-ups, development of voluntary termination programs, and coordination of complex disability and medical management issues.
Ms. Prewitt earned her law degree from the University of Kentucky College of Law and graduated, magna cum laude, from Duke University.
Register today to attend the Back to Work: Critical Considerations for Employers and Managers Webinar.