We will begin accepting applications in November 2020 for the 2021/2022 school year.
About SAWF Scholarships
The SAWF Scholarship Program, introduced in 2011, provides financial assistance to women enrolled or enrolling in a STEM field at an accredited two-year technical program, four-year undergraduate program or a graduate program with a preference for those interested in the automobile and mobility industry. The amount of each scholarship is dependent upon the number of applicants and ranges from $1,000 to $5,000 each.
Scholarships are presented at our Annual Conference in late July for the upcoming academic year. Scholarship recipients are encouraged to attend this conference to personally accept the award. Scholarship recipients will be notified by June 30th.* All can check the website for the list. Scholarship payments are made in one payment in early fall. Eligibility requirements, listed below, must be maintained to receive the full scholarship amount.
- Female high school senior or graduate; Applicants may submit applications before graduating from high school or receiving a GED.
- Enrolled or enrolling in a college or university in any of the following Southern states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Texas or West Virginia
- Enrolled or enrolling in an accredited higher education institution
- Minimum GPA requirements: cumulative: 2.5 and major 3.0 (must be maintained)
- Full-time or part-time (at least 6 hours per semester) enrollment in at least 2 consecutive academic terms
- Degree being pursued in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) or an automotive field.
- Applications must be received by SAWF by March 9, 2020 (any mailed items must be postmarked by this date)
SAWF at all times reserve the right without liability to withhold any and all scholarship payments previously announced or awarded. If at any time a scholarship recipient does not maintain the eligibility requirements in effect at the time that the scholarship was awarded, SAWF may seek reimbursement from the recipient of any unused scholarship monies previously paid to the recipient and shall discontinue any and all future payments to the recipient. SAWF reserves the right to modify its scholarship guidelines and eligibility requirements at any time without notice to any current or future applicants or recipients.
*Note due to COVID-19, we will not have our annual conference. We still plan to award scholarships but recipients will not be notified until sometime in July instead of June 30th.